Atkinson Hall Event Spaces Reservation and Use Policies
Subject to the Atkinson Hall General Reservation and Use Policies, use of the Atkinson Hall event spaces is open to all members of the UCI and UCSD campus communities regardless of discipline, department, or unit.
- An "event" is activity taking place in the Atkinson Hall public spaces which meets one or more of the following criteria
- Uses any of the Atkinson Hall Event Spaces
- Uses any of the Atkinson Hall public spaces and anticipates an attendance of more than 25 people.
- Will in the determination of the Atkinson Hall Facilities Use Committee require an unusual degree of coordination or effort by Calit2 staff to produce a successful activity outcome.
- Entities not affiliated with the University of California or Calit2 may request use of the Atkinson Hall event spaces subject to the Atkinson Hall general and event space reservation and use policies.
- An event must be requested by submission of an Event Request.
- Events must be approved by the Atkinson Hall Facilities Use Committee. Approval of event requests is not guaranteed.
- On-site staffing by Calit2 Event Services is required for all events starting before or ending after normal building hours or taking place on weekends or on official University of California holidays.
- All events must have on file a completed Atkinson Hall Facility Use Agreement prior to the event.
- Facilities charges apply to all time held apart from shared use by an event's reservation.
- Meeting rooms and other public spaces used in association with an event become part of that event.
- The Atkinson Hall event spaces are not available for use by student organizations except as provided in the Atkinson Hall general reservation and use policies.
Due to the high demand for use of our facilities, we reserve the right to prioritize use as provided in the Atkinson Hall general reservation and use policies.
Final authority to approve use of facilities in Atkinson Hall rests with the Division Director and his or her delegates, including any exceptions to Atkinson Hall reservation and use policies. The Atkinson Hall Facilities Use Committee is a standing committee appointed by the Division Director.